Training - Prevent
Details on Prevent training courses.
The NSCP currently has 2 options to complete training on Radicalisation, Extremism including both information on the Prevent and Channel programme. The below provides a breakdown of the aims of each course and how to access them.
Radicalisation and Extremism
Safeguarding anyone against radicalisation and extremism is an extremely important responsibility. It’s crucial that anyone working with vulnerable children, young people or adults are able to recognise the signs and symptoms of potential radicalisation. This course will help learners to understand various forms of radicalisation and extremism and how it can be recognised and countered. This course also looks into further steps and organisations to contact if they suspect someone is being radicalised.
To take this course register with the NSCP eLearning partner Virtual College and select the course from the list available.
This course has been approved by the Home Office as sufficient for basic WRAP (Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent) training
Channel General Awareness
• Explain how Channel links to the government’s counter terrorism strategy (CONTEST)
• Describe the Channel process and its purpose
• Identify factors that make people vulnerable to radicalisation
• Define safeguarding and risk ownership of the Channel process
This course can be access by following the below link:
* Health professionals should note that these online courses are not sufficient and they should complete the prescribed health Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP) training through there organisation.
Last updated: 23 September 2020