Role of the Partnership
Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board ceased to exist on 30th June 2019 and has been replaced by Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP) in accordance with Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
The Strategic Partnership consists of senior representatives from the three strategic leads of Northamptonshire County Council, Northamptonshire Police and Nene & Corby Clinical Commissioning Group.
The purpose of the partnership is to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in Northamptonshire. This is done by coordinating the work of those people and all organisations working in the county ensuring that what they do is effective.
The partnership is not an operational body. Its role is to ensure the coordination and effectiveness of the services provided to children, young people and their families by member organisations.
"For the children and young people of Northamptonshire to be as safe as they can be from harm, exploitation and neglect."
- Taking positive action early enough to protect children
- To support children, young people and families who are at risk of exploitation
- To work effectively as a partnership and support our staff
Partners will take the guiding principles and convert them into practice for the above priorities. In particular, there will need to be a strong focus on:
- Really understanding what is happening through the use of data and information and via direct insights from practitioners and children and young people
- Being fully knowledgeable and briefed on the key safeguarding issues, both current and emerging, in particularly on exploitation of children and young people (including sexual, criminal exploitation and the changing gang culture in the County)
- Considering safeguarding in the context of all influences on children and young people to gather information from the statutory partners and relevant other partners in such a way as to establish patterns and key points of change
- Looking at the effective use of resources across and between partners to seek opportunities for the unified deployment of resources (staff, money, capital resources)
- Looking outward to the public in order to be sensitive to local needs and to create an effective dialogue with communities
Last updated: 19 August 2019