Training - Prevent
The NSCB currently has 2 options to complete training on Radicalisation, Extremism including both information on the Prevent and Channel programme. The below provides a breakdown of the aims of each course and how to access them.
Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme
On completion of this module learners will have covered these learning objectives:
• Understanding what extremism and radicalisation are and why it is important to discuss and address these
• Know the main elements of the Prevent strand of the Government’s CONTEST strategy
• Better understand what makes people vulnerable to radicalisation
• Know your responsibilities and recognise indicators that radicalisation might be taking place.
To take this course register with the NSCB eLearning partner Virtual College and select the course from the list available.
This course has been approved by the Home Office as sufficient for basic WRAP (Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent) training
Channel General Awareness
• Explain how Channel links to the government’s counter terrorism strategy (CONTEST)
• Describe the Channel process and its purpose
• Identify factors that make people vulnerable to radicalisation
• Define safeguarding and risk ownership of the Channel process
This course can be access by following the below link:
* Health professionals should note that these online courses are not sufficient and they should complete the prescribed health Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP) training through there organisation.
Last updated: 30 March 2016